Monday 1 April 2013

As I sit I am surrounded by technology...

Day 91 of my 365 day blog challenge

As i sit here on my sofa watching the hockey game and thinking about what to blog.  I look beside me and I see my phone, the remote for the tv, Nathan's Samsung tablet and I'm typing on the laptop.  Seriously? Am I missing anything? The wii is turned off right now. But seriously, am I missing anything or have I covered it all?

I remember when pagers were cool........lol I also remember when I bought my first cell phone.  The big ones that you carried and they plugged into your cigarette lighter in your car.  I had a jeep then and I just bought the phone.  I had the roof off and I put the phone on the dash all cool I'm sure.  Went around a corner, the phone flew out the open window and as I watched it in the rear view mirror, a truck came by and crushed it.......LOL I was heartbroken!!!

Our kids know too much.  Youtube, the internet, iphones, tablets, DS, Wii, techno, thechno, techno!! Wowza!! Nathan loves watching youtube to learn about skylanders, annoying orange videos, mario bros, you name it.  But we can't protect him from it.  It's all around us. 

Thankfully Nathan is an extremely active boy.  He does get a lot of screen time but there's a good balance between that and other things.  He reads, he plays, he's active and loves the Internet and that's okay.

So for now I am putting it all away for tonight.  Shutting down the laptop, turning off the phone, watching the Canucks and then going to bed!!!

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment