Thursday 28 March 2013

A quote about how I am feeling...

Day 87 of my 365 day blog challenge

Life is so full of lessons.  I've said it so many time before that when the student is ready, the teacher appears.  Well it feels like for the last 2 years or so that i have been a full time student with an open heart who is ready to learn.  I have forgiven myself time and time again for the many years wasted and living a life where I have been waiting for the storm to pass. 

I blame myself for getting sick and having to take so many years off work to get well.  Why did  I need so much time? I was in treatment for almost 2 years but why am I now almost 3 years later after treatment just getting back to work full time? And my body is sooooo tired.  What happened to me? How did I allow this? I am not a lazy person.  I have always worked hard and never let anything get in the way of that.  I look back now and think to myself "what the heck was I doing"? I think that I was so mentally unwell that I couldn't even see it.  I have been fighting ever since to stay all around healthy.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.  I have been dancing for awhile now and I can't tell you how amazing it feels.  Sure sometimes the storm comes in and it's dark and hard to dance.  But I pick myself up, dust myself off and........dance!

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment