Sunday 10 March 2013

Another amazing childhood memory....

Day 69 of my 365 day blog challenge

When I was a kid my dad bought us a racing go-kart vary similar to this one.  Every weekend we would go on the hour drive to the track.  We had a Pontiac short back station wagon.  We only had 2 seats because in order to fit the go-kart into the car, we have to put both back seats down.  So, naturally I rode the whole way to the track sitting in the go-kart with my helmet on ready to race......LOL My dad would load the kart in and then I would climb into my seat :) It was so much fun! I loved racing that go kart.  My dad made me special attachments so that I could reach the pedals.  I would also sit on a cushion.lol

When we weren't at the track, we were fixing the kart in our garage getting it ready for the next race.  All our friends in the neighbourhood would come running when they heard the kart being fired up.  We were the only kids with a go-kart so as you could imagine, everyone loved it.  We would let the kids take turns trying it out.  Neighbours would complain because it was so loud.  Police would be called but after a while that grew old and eventually the cops were trying it too......LOL When my dad wasn't home, we would push each other around in it without starting the engine.  Such good times at the track!!!

I promised Nathan that I would buy him a go-kart one day soon.  But I have to be honest, it's because I want one........:)

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment