Thursday 14 March 2013

Baseball draft...serious stuff :)

Day 73 of my 365 day blog challenge

I just came home from the baseball draft for Nathan's rookie league.  As the rookie coordinator, this is serious business.  The 6-8 year olds are ranked based on their assessments that were held over the last two weekends.  This is done to balance the teams as fairly as possible.  Out of 59 kids in the Rookie division Nathan was ranked in the top 10 (number 7 to be exact).  Not bad for a little guy who just started playing last summer :) He must take after me......LOL

Baseball season is serious business in our house.  Our team practises 2 times per week and play on Saturday's and Sunday's :)  As the rookie coordinator I volunteer about 10 hours per week.  I am also Nathan's head coach, coach Ed is my assistant and of course, Karen is the manager.  All 3 of us balance each other well! I yell, Ed is very calm and Karen manages to keep the players for climbing in the dugout...LOL

I remember when I told Karen that I wanted to put Nathan into baseball.  She wanted nothing to do with it.  Thought that baseball wasn't cool maybe.  Now she is the first one to grab the glove and play catch. 

Creating a lifetime of memories for Nathan..........

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.   Giving thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment