Sunday 3 March 2013

When did life become so different.....

Day 62 of my 365 day blog challenge

When did life become so different? I know this isn't a clear picture but I rode everywhere on my bike.  Now I have zero interest in riding one.  That's my best friend Zelda and I riding around in our hood.  That's one of my many hockey jackets that I use to wear...lol I had many different bikes.  My favourite was my BMX bike that we bought from Canadian Tire.  I would wash that bike every weekend.  I would take it apart and build it again.  I changed the seat, the handle bars, the tires so that I had a red and black one.  I even painted it a few times :) I was so awesome!!! Thanks mom and dad!!! xox

Life was so different then.  I would go home when the street lights came on and if I wasn't at a friends house, my parents couldn't get a hold of me.  Until that one time I didn't tell them where I was going and Zelda and I spent the whole day at our friend Barney's house.  I stayed until after dinner.  Because my dad had connections with the cops (don't ask, that's a whole other post)..lol they even had them looking for me.  They did call Barney's house but because his parents spoke Hungarian, his mom told my mom that we weren't there.  She had just gotten home from work and we were hanging in his room playing Atari.....LOL Well, when I got home after an awesome day I was in sooooo much trouble! After that, my parent's bought me waki talkie's...LOL

I want to be a kid again.  I want to spend all day working on my bike, with my biggest worry being whether or not I was going to make it home on time after the street lights came on.  Life is stressful! But if we can take a little time to reminisce about the "good old days"..lol Then they don't seem so long ago.  Only 30 years!!!! 30 years!!!!!

I really appreciate you reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sending love for all the love you send my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment