Monday 4 March 2013

Pool shark! That's my name........

Day 63 of my 365 day blog challenge

I'm pretty sure that I was about 5 years old when my parents bought us our first pool table.  It was Christmas morning and my dad told me that my Nonno (Italian grandfather) decided to come late last night and wanted to be here for Christmas morning.  He suggested I go wake him up (in our spare room).   When I opened the door, there it was.  A full size pool table.  Just what every 5 year old girl wanted........LOL I was over the moon!!! Best present ever!

My dad and I hung out in pool halls often.  I remember on numerous occasions my dad hustling me to every guy who walked through the door lol.  Play my daughter for $20 he would say.  The guys would just laugh when they looked at me.  But then, the shark would come alive and I would beat every single one of them 9 times out of 10 :) I remember being up $240 and I ran over to my dad who was playing at another table, doing the exact same thing.  My dad went over to the guy who was shamed and said "play my daughter again for double or nothing".  My dad was sure I was going to win......again.  Well, I didn't.  It was the first game I lost to the guy over the course of about 3 hours.  I was so upset.  My dad laughed and I'm pretty sure gave me the $200 he had just won :)

We would spend Friday and Saturday nights together at the pool hall.  I loved playing snooker.  I played in many tournaments and won more pool cues than I could keep track of.  My dad and I would enter tournaments together too.  I'm sure I was the only girl playing competitive snooker then.  Best times for sure. 

I haven't played for awhile.  But I am always up for the challenge if anyone would like to take me on :) Just for fun of course :)

Thanks for reading!!!!!! Much love and thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment