Friday 29 March 2013

Easter dinner isn't what it use to be...and i couldn't be happier

Day 88 of my 365 day blog challenge

My opinions and my beliefs are just that...mine :) I am not judging anyone with this blog but rather voicing my opinion.  With that said, read on if you may...lol

I have spent that last 30+ years of my life eating everything under the sun.  Meat, dairy, sugar, wheat, cola, crappy chocolates, chips etc etc......I never really noticed that I felt like crap until I decided one day to cut it all out! I have never looked back and nor do I feel the need too.  "Food" isn't what it use to be.  Today it's a multi-trillion dollar industry, most of it is made in a factory and it has so many ingredients in it that we can't even recognise it anymore.  More and more people are getting sick, cancer, strokes, heart disease and an overall general feeling of being unwell.   

I know that there are people who don't yet understand the concept of simply eating Organic Vegan raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.  Understanding that a whole food is simply that, a whole food.  A pepper is a pepper, an apple is an apple.  Nothing changed or added.  Fuelling our bodies with these foods not only allow our bodies to heal themselves, but are also so important for our planet.  I had a huge wake up call almost 6 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer.  I thought I ate well.  Animal products, "foods" that I couldn't even read the label, processed "food" (what is that)?

I've had people say to me "I could never give up meat".  I'm sure that I felt the same way years ago.  Today I couldn't even imagine eating it.  Not only because the fact of the matter is, it's a dead animal and my body can't break that down but also because, I love all animals.  I don't care whether it's a dog, a cat, a pig, a cow etc....it's an animal. 

I invite you to take the time and watch a documentary called "Food Matters".  It's something that everyone should see.  Then you can make an informed decision on what is best for you.  I like most people just followed the 4 food groups because that's what I was taught and that's all I ever knew.  Then I watched the movie and everything I thought, came crumbling down.  I had to switch gears to ensure that i fuelled my body with the best food possible to ensure that I am living the healthiest life possible.

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment