Wednesday 20 March 2013

Power within........

Day 79 of my 365 day blog challenge...

When I tell people that I get up at 4:30 or 5:00am usually their first reaction is why??? That's crazy is usually what comes next.  Then they say, "not me I love my sleep".  I say sleep is overrated! :) Does my body need rest? Absolutely! It aches and I have pains and it's tired.  But I function best on 6 hrs.  Besides I have way too much to do in this life and if I spend only 5-6 hrs resting, then I still have 19 hrs in the day to achieve!!

I sometimes feel like I lost years of my life battling cancer, then depression.  I work hard every single day on my self.  Getting up early allows me to do my meditation practice, stretch, exercise, work on my goals and dreams.  All of this before leaving for work at 7:30am.  Even on my days off, this is my routine and practice.

For so many years I have been lost.  Never really knowing where I fit in or belong.  What were my dreams, my goals?.  What do I want for my life? I mean beating cancer must mean something right? It isn't easy some days to do all that I need to do to ensure that I am staying on the right track.  It takes hard work, discipline and believing in myself that I will continue to persist until I succeed.  I will not stop until I am completely satisfied with where my life is at!  

I am so grateful that I have such an amazing spouse who has allowed and embraced this journey that I'm on.  Digging deep within myself and doing work that needs to be done hasn't always been pretty.  Karen has been there through it all.  I heard a famous quote the other day and parts of it really rang true.

Marilyn Monroe:
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.  But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best!

Thanks Karen for weathering all the storms with me xoxo

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment