Wednesday 6 March 2013

Grandparents are an important part of our lives....

Day 65 of my 365 day blog challenge.

I heard on the radio the other day that Grandparents today are being replaced with smart phones, computers, ipads etc.... The days of asking your Grandparents about their upbringing or asking them how to do something is increasingly fading.  Kids are finding out everything they need on the Internet.  Even when visiting their Grandparents, time is spent on their phones texting or surfing the net.  This is so sad.........

This is my Papa (my moms dad).  He passed away about 4 years ago.  I'm so thankful that he was alive to see me beat cancer.  He was so heartbroken when he found out I was sick. 

I spent so much time at Nanny and Papa's.  I have learned so much from both of them.  They played a big role in who I am today.  So loving, kind and gentle.  They would take me to Florida and Nanny would stuff money in my hands when Papa wasn't looking.  Then Papa would grab my hand and give me my weekly allowance...lol At Christmas time our presents would be piled high and just below ceiling level.  It would take forever to open them. 

I couldn't imagine my childhood without the times I spent with my Grandparents.  They are a part of me.  So if you are still blessed to have your Grandparents around, take the time to visit.  It means more to them than we could ever imagine.

I feel so blessed that Nathan has 3 sets of Grandparents.  So much love between them.  He is such a lucky boy and I can't wait until he's a little older and they can take him on a warm vacation to Disneyland or something like that.........LOL

It means so much to me that people are taking the time to read, share and comment.  Giving thanks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment