Tuesday 12 February 2013

A special skate with canucks....

Day 43 of my 365 day blog challenge

Yesterday Nathan and I were privileged enough to skate with the Canucks at Roger arena.  Nathan belongs to a fantastic after school program called The boys and girls club.  Again, we are so lucky to be a part of such an amazing club.   The club is for students at Nathans school and they pick them up at 3:00pm after school and walk the kids a few blocks to the club.  They can be picked up by parents up to 5:30pm.  Monday-Friday including all PD days ($17), spring, summer and Christmas break.....all free!!!  They feed them, and provide them with outings (swimming, baseball games, science world) etc....Each child also receives a Christmas gift.  Last year they were also given a bike in the summer and a winter jacket and boots in November. 

We truly feel so blessed to have Nathan at not only an amazing school but be a part of such an amazing place.

I am so tired and I had to remove my contacts so I can't really see....lol Continue tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing.  Giving thanks and sending love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment