Thursday 21 February 2013

Those are some big coconuts......LOL

Day 52 of my 365 day blog challenge

I have been very lucky in life to have some pretty amazing friends.  In the winter of 2010 my good friend Sara of 20 years asked me what warm place of travel was on my bucket list.  When I responded that I wanted to go to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico one day, her response was "done"! Not really sure what she meant at the time.  I knew that going away in the new year wasn't a possibility for us.  When I got sick in 2007, Sara promised to come for a visit.  Life is busy and I get that.  The visit never happened and in fact in the 12 years we have lived here, she's never been...:(

In March 2011 our family and Sara's family (3 adults and 3 boys in total) were on our way to Mexico! Sara wanted to give us this gift of travel to let me know how proud she was that I beat cancer.  Wow! it was such an amazing time.  We had never been away together and really only seen each other once a year when we would go to Toronto to visit.  The boys only hung out a few times before.  Boys will be boys and that's what they were....lol

Being a raw/vegan eater I was a little concerned about what I was going to eat for the week.  It was a 5 star resort so I felt confident that I could eat the salad's and veggies.  That I did! ;) Along with beer, fries, nachos and guac (none of which were raw).......lol I did enjoy a few coconuts every day.  I had packed some coconut water in my suitcase and asked the bartender every morning to make my smoothie :))) Such amazing memories.....

I am surrounded by amazing friends in my life.  I really hope that I too have been an amazing friend to many. xo

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks to you and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment