Monday 11 February 2013

Happy Birthday!!! Special Post :)





 
Day 41 of my 365 day blog challenge
Special blog post for my cousin Christine's 20th birthday today!
 
I was 20 years old at the time when Christine was born.  I was just arriving home from the bar when my mom was waiting for me in the kitchen.  She told me that my Aunt Cindy just had a baby girl.  What??? I told my mom that she must be tired and to go back to bed.  I didn't even know that my aunt was pregnant and just saw her weeks earlier.........
 
My grandmother passed away a year earlier.  I was the only granddaughter up until this point.  Unfortunately my nanny never had the chance to meet Christine.  But they say with ever passing comes a new life.  Christine was the new life and I was super excited to have a new cousin and a girl!!!
 
Though we are 20 years apart, that has never mattered.  I have watched Christine grow up and have always been here for her.  She and Karen met when she was only 5 years old.  I know that they have had a connection ever since.
 
I am so proud of Christine.  Growing up with 3 brothers in the home couldn't have been easy at times.  But she has always had a good head on her shoulders and has made some tough decisions at times.  She is beautiful, intelligent and would extend her hand to help anyone. 
 
Currently she is in school at SFU and comes to family dinners on Sunday's.  We have always had an unspoken closeness though living far apart.  Now that we live so close to each other, we are growing even closer.  I love sharing stories with her about our amazing nanny she never met. 
 
Christine: Happy, happy 20th birthday today.  You are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the out.  Amazing things are happening for you.  I am so excited to be a part of your life right now and experience your growth first hand.  I am so proud of you cuz!!! With unconditional love..........
 
Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sharing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment