Friday 15 February 2013

We can learn so much........


Day 46 of my 365 day blog challenge

Have you ever looked at someone with an intellectual or physical disability and felt sorry for them?  Or have you walked by them without even giving them a second look or a simple smile? 

When I was in kinder garden my best friend had a severe disability.  He was in a wheelchair most of his day, he drooled and he yelled.......a lot.  But he also had this gentle side.  When I would visit him daily, the minute I walked through the door he had the biggest smile on his face and reached his arms out to me to hug him.......he didn't let go.....lol.  Meeting Pierre when I was only 4 years old had such a special impact on my life.  I knew then that on the outside we were visibly different but on the inside, we were the same.  We were kids who were kind, loving and happy.  Pierre was always happy.  Even when he was yelling he had a smile on his face.  Being around him taught me to be patient and kind to others regardless of our differences.  His parents loved him so much! He added so much to their lives.

So much more to say, but eyes are getting heavy.

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sending love.




No comments:

Post a Comment