Friday 22 February 2013

Passing some of my best memories onto my son..

Day 53 of my 365 day blog challenge

Sometimes I catch myself doing things that my dad would do for me when I was a child.  Last year Nathan was really into hockey and baseball trading cards.  Just as I was when I was a kid :) He wanted to have a hockey challenge with the cards.  We each picked our players and started to play.  But the game just wasn't the same without the lines and centre ice.  So, I did what my dad would have done for me.........I put down tape on our dining table :) We even had dinosaurs as our spectators.  That tape stayed on the table for weeks! We would each hold a card standing up right and push the little puck into the "net".  So much fun!!!

It reminded me of the time when my dad put a big piece of plywood onto our pool table that functioned as a ping pong table and a track for my electronic racing cars.  You know the magnetic cars on the track with the hand held remotes......LOL Good times!!

My dad loved to build things.  I remember when he built us a mini bike.  It was awesome! All the kids in the neighbourhood wanted to try it out.  But first my dad had to try it.  We all went to an open field behind where we lived in Toronto.  He didn't just want to try it, but wanted to jump it too.  So we found some wood and made a little ramp.  That bike was fast! He raced over the jump, flipped the dirt bike, landed on his back and had oil all over him.  Needless to say, the bike fell apart and I was crying.......LOL He rebuilt it!

Maybe it's time for me to move from putting tape on our table to building Nathan his first bike.  Of course, I would have to try it first ;)

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment