Wednesday 27 February 2013

I will let you in on a little secret......

Day 58 of my 365 day blog challenge

30 years!!!....ago when I was 10, I started watching the young and the restless with my mom and my grandmother.  Well.........30 years later, I still watch it! Everyday, yes I said it, everyday!! It's part of my childhood and memories with my nanny.  To be honest, I love it!!! LOL Not too many people know this about me, but now everyone does.  I'm okay with that :)

This past fall there was an event for breast cancer.  I knew that the cast of the Y&R would be there, so naturally I volunteered.  I was able to meet some of the cast that I had been watching for years.  Honestly, I couldn't care less about movie stars etc...but I have grown up watching this show.  It was very exciting I must say.  Karen and I lived together for 5 years before I told her about my secret love for the Y&R.  I didn't want to be judged..lol She did make fun of me a little.  But now when I watch it and she is around, she asks questions...LOL

Some may think that I have wasted so much of my life watching this soap opera.  I see it as just another part of my childhood, continued into adulthood, continued into retirement.....LOL Well, I'm off to watch my show now.  What did I ever do without my PVR ;) No judging..........

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sending love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment