Saturday 16 February 2013

Lifetime student......

Day 47 of my 365 day blog challenge

Many times and at different stages in my life I have felt that I have known everything.  Like I was unstoppable and no one could tell me any different.  I grew up in a home where my parents provided me with everything.  Mini bikes, a racing go-kart, the best clothes, played all sports, had a new bike every summer and went on vacations every year.  But was I happy? I mean deep down inside, was I happy? What was happiness to a kid? Sure all these things made me happy, but truly happy....

It has only been this past year that I have been doing some serious soul searching on happiness.  I am not talking about the happiness I feel for my family.  I am talking about my daily struggles at times to understand what true happiness means.  I remind myself everyday how blessed I am.  But that doesn't mean that I always feel truly happy.  I always remind myself to make the best of everything, but I do struggle......With cancer came depression.  Managing such an illness at times hasn't been easy.  Finding the strength everyday within myself to stay grounded and keep my life balanced is a challenge.  I know that whatever I put out into the universe comes back.  At times of struggle with sadness for whatever reason, it's easier to be down than it is to gain that strength to find happiness. 

Tomorrow is a new day.  Today is the past.  I continue to push through and am choosing to be happy.
Besides, the happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything...

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sending love.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite the challenge Tracy!! Good luck with the daily blogging...and well done! Love hearing about your life :)

    ReplyDelete