Thursday 28 February 2013

Thank you Gorilla family for embracing me....

Day 59 of my 365 day blog challenge

For the last 6 years my journey has consisted of getting healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.  Before getting sick, I felt like my life was heading in a good direction.  I had a good job that I enjoyed, with great "work" friends.  I always knew that there was something more for me as far as work, but I wasn't sure what that meant so I was content. 

In 2005 I started a new job at another restaurant.  I quickly moved up from a server to a manager role.  Then in April 2007 I began my fight with cancer.  So, I took a leave from the restaurant.  I decided to return in October of 2008 while still in chemotherapy.  I felt that I was ready to return to the working world.  But because I was bald, I didn't want to be a floor manager so I was given an opportunity to be the office manger (behind the scenes).  I only lasted about 8 months because I wasn't ready to get back to work full time.  So I left the restaurant industry and decided that I needed to help others going through their cancer journey.  I became a personal trainer.  I did that for almost 2 years.  Still trying to find myself and where I fit in, I studied hard to become a financial advisor.  I thought this was it.  Thought that I had found it.................I couldn't have been more wrong.

So over the course of the last 6 years I have been up......down.......side ways.....Struggling with so many things.  The thought of going back to work now at age 40 after having 5 years off (basically) was very scary.  But I knew in my heart that the only way for me to be truly happy was to follow my passion......raw/living food chef.  I was so nervous to start a new job, with new people and not knowing how much my body could handle.  A lot has changed with my body over the last 5 years.  Though I am physically fit, I have more aches and pains then ever imagined.  At times I get home after work and just want to cry from the pain :( But I am doing it! I am working full time and love it!!

So entering a new workplace, with new people wasn't easy for me.  I can honestly say that my co-workers welcomed me with open arms and continue to do so.  We are an amazing team at Gorilla Food and I am so thankful. 

Thank you Gorilla team for welcoming me into your family.  You have made my transition back into the workforce seamless.  You have embraced me and have made me feel like I have found my home.  It feels so amazing to have true work friends.  Thank you for sharing the love, the laughter and the tears.........LOL

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you Tracy! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete