Thursday 3 January 2013

A boy or a girl??


Day 3 of my 365 day blog challenge.

If I were given a dollar for every time I heard "are you a boy or a girl" I would likely be a trillionare by now.  Looking back, who could blame them? I mean, look at this picture.  That's me #16,
Di Venanzo on the back of my jersey.  Playing on a Rep team being the ONLY girl in an all boys league.  To top it all off I was consistently Caption of my teams and always in the top 3 for goals in the league.  Oh, I should also mention.........top penalty minutes too....LOL
This picture for me makes me feel alive.  Those were some of my best childhood memories.  I remember running into the ice rink hours before my game.  Bag over shoulder stick in hand running to watch the games before me.  Then I couldn't wait to get dressed.  Sometimes I would put all my equipment on at home just so I could save some time to watch the game.  My dad and I would go into an empty dressing room (because I couldn't change with the boys) to get my stuff on.  My dad would always pat me on the back of my helmet and say "have a great day".  Minutes later he would be benching me for getting a penalty......he was also my coach :)

It's time to wind down with my meditation now.  To be continued tomorrow.....

Giving thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment