Wednesday 9 January 2013

Stages of life........

Day 9 of my 365 day blog challenge

This is my Auntie Edna (my Grandmothers sister).  An amazing women who has been living an amazing life.  She will be turning 97 this year and that number hasn't slowed her down at all.  This picture was taken this past April at my moms wedding.  Nathan loves Auntie Edna and couldn't wait to let everyone at the wedding know her age.  He's too young to understand that you never tell a woman's age :)  I love this picture! They are both so sweet! Different stages of life....

I have so many wonderful memories of my childhood and going to Auntie Edna's in Hamilton.  She felt like a second grandmother to me.  Then when my Nanny passed away in 1992, I was thankful to have Auntie Edna around.  Such a kind, wonderful, loving woman who always opened her arms and her home to those she met.

I'm sure that she has faced a few struggles in her 96 years.  Losing her husband many, many years ago.  Losing her sibling, and a daughter.  I'm also sure that Auntie Edna has had many joys throughout her life.  Imagine living 96 years and being as healthy and as full of life as she is. 

Though I'm not able to see her much anymore, I do see her when we go to Ontario.  The minute we walk through the doors I get the same feeling that I did when I was a kid.  Auntie Edna has lived in her same home for as long as I can remember along with her daughter (my cousin) Debbie. Hanging out at Auntie Edna's, sitting around talking, eating (candy all around).  Her gentle touch and warm heart will brighten any ones day.  Those are the childhood memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you Auntie Edna for all the love you have shown me throughout my life.  Living 96 healthy years and still being able to do everything on your own is truly amazing.  You are an inspiration! Here's to continued good health.  I can't wait to come home to celebrate your 100th birthday party with you!

Thanks for reading and sharing.  Giving thanks and love........

No comments:

Post a Comment