Thursday 31 January 2013

Life before cancer......

Life before cancer.  Just 6 months before diagnosis


Day 31 of my 365 day blog challenge.

Tonight's blog was suppose to be a continuation of last nights post.  But tonight my body is in a little bit of pain so I thought that I would write about it.

As you know by now, I am pretty much an open book.  I will tell all and share just about anything about my life.  One thing that I rarely talk about that I wanted to share tonight is that I am in pain.  Don't be alarmed, I am healthy.  But since cancer likely due to the toxins from the chemotherapy and due to menopause, I am pain.  My joints, and body aches all day long.  The pain in my feet after a hard day at work is almost too much to bare sometimes.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have pain from the minute I wake up to the time that I go to bed.  It's likely arthritis and or osteoporosis.  I manage it on my own.  I refuse to take any pharmaceutical drugs for it.  That's the last thing my body needs.  Not Tylenol, not Advil, nothing.  Eating raw does help for sure.  More so than if I were eating non-vegan cooked food. 

Being in pain isn't something that I have shared before.  I have never wanted anyone to feel sorry for me.  At times I wake up and wish just for one day I could be pain free.  But I feel so blessed to be healthy. 

Juggling my busy life and trying to manage constant foot, back, hip, shoulder, hand, finger, leg pain isn't easy.  I am up everyday around 5am just so I can get my meditation in (reminding self how blessed I am), then I have to stretch my body for about 20 minutes before I can go to the gym for 6am and keep my body moving.  The minute I sit down throughout the day, it's so hard and takes so much for me to get up and keep moving again.  I am sad at times I'm not going to lie.  But I remain positive and believe that one day I will be free of pain.

So if I am such a positive person and never want you to feel sorry for me, then why am I sharing this with you? Because I just felt like I needed you to know.  For those times that I may be a little quiet or times when I may not want to go out.  For those times that my mood shifts and you may not hear from my for awhile.  I ask for your patience and understanding.  Beating cancer was the easy part.  It's all the left over crap that I continue to push through daily. 

I am blessed! I am healthy! I am free of pain ;)

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and love.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment