Tuesday 22 January 2013

There's clearly a difference between being cool and looking cool...

Age 16
Day 22 of my 365 day blog challenge.

It takes 21 days to create or break a habit.  I am now over the 21 day mark so the next 344 days should be a breeze...lol

My baseball career started when I was around 7 years old and ended when I was 20.  I loved baseball! I was a pitcher, 1st base and centre field throughout the years.  When I played on the rep teams though, I was always first base.  I could pretty much catch any ball that was thrown at me.

Some of my greatest memories growing up were playing ball.  Every time I put that uniform on and walked onto the diamond I felt like a star.  I also thought that I was pretty cool.  Though looking back at the picture now, there is clearly a difference between being and looking.  I'm not sure how I fit all that hair under my baseball hat.  The 3 of us in the front row were the star players of the team.  We were also the ones who got in the most trouble (my dad was our coach).   Because I played on the All-star teams we travelled at times.  Those were the times we were in the most trouble.  Just like hockey, I found myself sitting out at times....lol



It's such an amazing feeling to be able to share my best childhood memories with my son now.  I am the coach of Nathan's baseball team.  Just like my dad and I would, we can play catch for hours.  To be able to coach and teach Nathan the game brings me back to those special times with my father.  I'm hoping that one day Nathan will be able to look back at the picture and think, these were some of my best childhood memories.

So a tribute to my dad for all his guidance through sports. Thanks for coaching and encouraging me to play and work hard.  Sports were my life and my father was such a big part of that.

Thank you for reading, smiling, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and love....

No comments:

Post a Comment