Thursday 17 January 2013

Just a young 22 year old.....


Day 17 of my 365 day blog challenge.
**Special post today** Happy 37th Birthday to the love of my life!

Karen was 22 and a student in University when this picture was taken.  We had just started dating.  I remember this picture so clearly because while she was at school, I carried it around with me.  So beautiful!

We were so young....I was 25 at the time, had my own place and was working.  Dating a younger University student who was hours away had its challenges.  Karen was in her last year too which meant lots of partying.  Her mom was also very sick at the time and was dying from ALS.  She tried to come home on weekends to visit her mom and me.  Sharon passed away in March that year just before Karen's final exams.  Like the strong woman she is, Karen pulled it together, passed and graduated.  Her mom is so proud.

It's really hard to believe that Karen was just a young 22 year old when she came into my life.  We have spent 15 years of birthdays together with each one being more special than the last.  I have always told her that she is like a fine wine and she just gets better looking with age.  This is so true.

 We always knew from a young age that we were meant to be.  We have so many more birthdays to share together.  I'm so excited for each one.

Karen love, you are as beautiful today as the first day we met.  This day on January 17, 1976 you were born.  Our lives are enriched because you have touched them.  I feel so blessed to have you by my side each and every day.  Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Baby.  Looking forward to rocking on rockers together in our 90's.  Here's to an amazing love and an abundance of great health!

Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing.  Giving thanks and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment