Friday 25 January 2013

Through the eyes of a 6 year old....(now 7)

Nathan: Age 6
Me: Age 6
Day 25 of my 365 day blog challenge.

Every day I am reminded that I too was a kid once.  Nathan reminds me of what it was like to have a pure, healthy mind.  Free of fear, judgements, self doubt.  What it's like to use your imagination to create fun.  Hide and seek, dodge ball, rock/paper/scissors just to name a few. 

Seeing the world through Nathan's eyes gives a totally different perspective.  I was in that place once at 6 years old.  My biggest stress was that I had to go to bed early.  What happened along the way? How do we go from a happy, peaceful, loving self to worry, stress and sadness at times? 

Our minds are so powerful and we create our lives.  If we have fear about sickness, we can create that.  If we have worry about bills/debt and never getting a head, then we create our struggles.  Have you ever wondered what makes Oprah, Oprah? Have you ever thought about Bill Gates and thought "wow he's so lucky".   It has nothing to do with luck.  The only difference between them and me is that they had a goal/vision of what they wanted to create for their life and they followed through.  They didn't allow the fear, and self doubt to come in.  

Every day I work hard to stay focused on my goals and stay in a positive mind.  It's not easy.  But the struggles that I have faced are a reminder that I can do it! It's easy to get down and think that life has dealt you some pretty shitty cards.  I know now that life hasn't dealt me anything.  Some time along the way I lost my pure healthy mind.  I've allowed fear and self doubt to come in.  I am creating the life I want.  The life I want for my family and I.  Life and living are two different things.  If you are consumed with sadness and doubt you aren't living.  I have learned this the hard way.  I am choosing to live.  I am choosing to live my life through the eyes of my beautiful now 7 year old.

Keep your dreams alive because all things are possible if you just believe......

BTW Nathan asked if I was a boy when I was 6........LOL

Thanks for reading, sharing and commenting.  Giving thanks and sending love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment