Wednesday 23 January 2013

People spend a lifetime searching for their passion....

Gorilla Food - Line Chef :)
Day 23 of my 365 day blog challenge

When I think back to all the jobs that I have had through the years, I am amazed by all the things I have done.  I started out landscaping in Toronto for a few years and then I moved to Antigonish NS and pumped gas for a year.  That was a lot of fun! It was fun until I pumped gas into actor Lou Diamond Phillips tour bus instead of diesel.  They made it a few miles down the road and had the bus towed back and we had to syphon it out....LOL When I left NS and returned to Toronto, I went back to landscaping.  Cutting lawns, planting flowers/trees etc.  I really enjoyed the work.  It was very physical and it's what I went to college for.  Horticulture Landscape Design. Then I was offered a position to spray lawns.  Yes, chemical! I loved that job and sprayed lawns without a mask for 4 years.......(ummm I know those chemicals caused cancer).....

After 7 years of lawn care, I decided to shift gears and was offered a position at Honda.  I build cars there for 3 years.  I was in the paint department a few days a week and on the other days I was in charge of the cars via computer going out on the line to be assembled.  That was a great job.  Honda was a fantastic company to work for and I am so thankful.  They build awesome cars!!! I am extra thankful for Honda because that's where I met Karen :)

Then after leaving Toronto and moving to Vancouver I ended up in the restaurant industry.  I served, cooked and managed throughout the years in the industry.  In between working in the restaurant, I had my own landscaping company, I was a personal trainer and I was a Financial Advisor.........wowza!!

I have done many things in my working life.  Though I loved all the work, I always felt like there was something more.  Like I just hadn't found my passion.  When I was a Financial Advisor last year it was my "manager" at SunLife who said to me "some people spend their lifetime searching for their passion and never find it so they settle".  I was struggling with my decision as an Advisor and was hoping for some guidance.  Well that response wasn't good enough for me.  I quickly came to the realisation that when I talked to people, I talked more about raw food eating than I did about life insurance.  I left shortly after.....

I have been searching my whole life for my passion.   I became Vegan/Raw foodie about 2.5 years ago. Eating raw/living foods has changed my life.  Not only have they made me feel amazing but they have also kept me healthy.  I am now a Raw/Living food line Chef at Gorilla Food here in Vancouver and I couldn't be happier.  After years of searching, digging deep and never giving up I am living my passion.  This is just the beginning!

I didn't beat cancer to settle.  I beat it to live! I beat it to wake up every morning and do what I love.  Never give up on your passion.  If you feel like there's something more, there probably is.  Life is short.  If you aren't doing what you love, you are not living.

Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing.  I feel so blessed! Giving thanks and sending love.



No comments:

Post a Comment