Thursday 24 January 2013

So much more to life...

Day 24 of my 365 day blog challenge

My day begins every morning at 5 am.  I get up do some stretching, then my meditation practice and am at the gym for 6 am.  Meditation practice is very important to me.  It keeps me calm and focused.  With life being as crazy as it is at times, this practice is what keeps me grounded and feeling grateful.

These last couples of years I have had a strong desire to live somewhere else.  When I think about it, I have lived in Canada for 40 years.  40 years!!! That is crazy! Sure I have travelled and been to a few different places in my life.  Italy, France, Germany, Portugal, Austria, Netherlands, Hungary, Switzerland, England, Spain, Hawaii, Florida, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.  But there is so much more to see.  I don't want to wait until I'm retired to travel and see the world. 

I would love nothing more than to pack my family up and go live in Thailand or Costa Rica for a year or two or three.  My wish is to live close to water surrounded by nature.  Live in a hut, grow my own vegetables and pick my fruit from the trees.  I want to experience so much more than life as I know it today.  For Nathan to have that experience would enrich his life.  I would love to do my meditation practice and continue to be at peace throughout the day.  Instead of finishing my practice, hearing horns honking, phones ringing and the craziness of life.  It doesn't have to be this way.  Who says that ours lives have to be lived in a house surrounded by technology, vehicles, hot, cold, wet weather and just the every day running around of life.  We work so hard to be able to go on vacation for maybe 2 weeks a year!!! Only to come back from vacation feeling exhausted and 10x more busy than we were leading up to the trip.  Or, we can't afford to go away at all and do the same thing year after year.  To me, this isn't living rather simply existing.  There is so much more to see in this world.  Such beautiful places to go and explore.  I refuse to live another 40 years in Canada and wish I had travelled more.

Don't misunderstand, I do love living in Vancouver.  But something in me wants more......

Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing.  Giving thanks and sending love.

No comments:

Post a Comment